Facebook says it wants to be more transparent about what’s happening when users search for content on Facebook. Facebook crammed as much information as it could into its less than 2-minute video. Here’s what was revealed.
How its Search Results Work
Search results on FB are primarily influenced by users and people’s activity on Facebook. What activities people’s do off of Facebook has no impact on its search results. When a user searches for content on Facebook the results are ranked based on their activity on Facebook, and activity of the overall community.
Note – Visit for ethical Hacking Course Institute in Delhi NCR
FB activity that influences search results.
- What your friends share with you
- Pages you follow and likes
- Joined groups
- Events you’ve liked or followed
- Things you’ve interacted with in your News Feed
- Your profile information.
- Places where you’ve been tagged
- Previous searches activities you’ve done
Facebook search results are also based on general Facebook community activity, including the popularity of what’s being searched for and how recently it was posted.